Some patterns take off and some don’t.
This one does not seem to have captured the public’s imagination, although it seemed to be quite an interesting idea, and potentially an interesting project.
It started off with an unused swatch for Cold Mountain. Then I played around with chopped up sections of photos of CM in Photoshop to invent new patterns.
I had been thinking about African textiles which sometimes have variations of patterns merging into each other – like some Kuba textiles.
Maybe I chose the wrong colours or yarn for the sample. Fortunately there are some hits to make up for the misses – and the ones that don’t even get published…
Thanks for the comments about the new stranded triangle pattern, it’s almost ready.
I’ve started a new stranded/lace hybrid, with 4 attempts to get the increasing right – it’s now increasing in an acceptable manner. The theme is Transdanubian bride. (Thanks to crocodile for the encouragement on these patterns!)
Two new lace ideas have been attempted & abandoned, and I’ve got as far as casting on for a swatch for a third, but I’m not in the mood for small needles at the moment.
Lopa on Ravelry has done a beautiful version of Kerchief – In Icelandic wool.